The foundation of your health starts with a great diet AND a great multivitamin. Studies show that a high percentage of adults in North America eat less than the minimum daily allowance of essential nutrients. Adequate amounts and proper balance of these nutrients are needed not only for maintaining good health, but also for the dietary management of the body's structure and optimum functioning of its various systems. In an ideal world, everyone would be able to fulfill their nutritional needs by eating natural foods. Unfortunately, thanks to busy schedules and the overwhelming availability of processed foods, this isn't the case. From Dr. Oz to Dr. Mercola, almost all healthcare practitioners recommend a multivitamin to help meet your daily nutritional needs.
ēMulti is a full-spectrum multivitamin, vital mineral, & trace element supplement in a special herbal food base. ēMulti’s unique formula provides nutrients in the body’s preferred naturally occurring, most bioavailable form and is enhanced with a variety of organic fruits, vegetables, & herbs, all from natural sources as far as possible. When this was impractical with certain nutrients, a highly bioavailable form was used to ensure you could take full advantage of these nutrients.
Most nutrients require enzymes, synergistic co-factors and organic mineral-activators to be properly absorbed. While these are naturally present in foods, they are often not included in synthetic vitamins with isolated nutrients. ēMulti uses whole food sources and includes important amino acids and enzymes to maximizes nutrient absorption.
- Herbal Green Food Base: ēMulti includes important phytonutrients, gluten-free grasses and several varieties of superfood microalgae.
- Vitamin A: ēMulti uses full-spectrum carotenoids which are substances that the body converts to vitamin A, avoiding toxicity potential and maximizing effectiveness. Some forms of supplemental vitamin A such as pre-formed vitamin A (often called retinol), when taken in even moderate daily doses, can be toxic. ēMulti contains a combination of beta-carotene, alpha-carotene, lycopene, crytoxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin.
- Vitamin D: ēMulti uses D3, as this form has been shown to have greater biological activity in human tissue. Inexpensive vitamins tend to contain vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol), the kind synthesized by plants. But when humans eat plant-derived D2, very little is converted to D3 (choleciferol), the kind most readily used by the human body and which skin makes when exposed to ultraviolet light.
- Vitamin E: In nature, this vitamin is found as a combination of eight different active compounds - four are called tocopherols, and four are called tocotrienols. ēMulti uses a complete, naturally derived mixed tocopherol/tocopheryl complex that more closely mirrors the natural vitamin E found in foods. Many conventional multis use inexpensive, synthetic versions of one or only a few of those eight forms.
- B12: ēMulti contains the active form of B12 (methylcobalamin) instead of the inactive form (cyanocobalamin) found in other multis.
- Calcium: Manufacturers make calcium supplements in many forms, including calcium carbonate (the most common type), calcium lactate and calcium aspartate. ēMulti uses a combination of calcium citrate and calcium ascorbate because they are more easily absorbed, especially by older people who may have less stomach acid. Although more expensive, calcium citrate is more than twice as bioavailable as calcium carbonate.
- Folate: Unlike synthetic forms of folic acid typically used in other multis, ēMulti uses Metafolin® which is in folate’s naturally occurring form, allowing it to be used directly by the body.
- Vital Minerals: Many multivitamins do not contain the vital minerals such as magnesium and selenium that are missing from the majority of American diets.
- Enhanced with: Amino acids, enzymes, bioflavonoids, and proanthocyanidins.
- Dosage Control: Any water-soluble vitamin such as vitamin B that aren't needed by the body are excreted. ēMulti is broken up into 4 tablets per serving. This allows you to take it throughout the day, ensuring maximum absorption. For example, take 2 at breakfast and 2 at dinner.
- Low-Allergenic: Many multis contain a list of "Other Ingredients" such as artificial colors, sweeteners, lubricants, fillers, and binders. Avoid FD&C dyes, lactose, sucrose, and magnesium stearate. These may be allergenic and can compromise supplements’ effectiveness.